Re: ACPI problem?

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:33:35 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Danny Braniss wrote:

> > > thanks, that did it, but now, is there anyway i can help fix this so
> > > acpi will work? i have several of this boxes and booting them diskless
> > > will be a problem.
> >
> > Try man acpi:
>
> sorry, i guess i was not clear, i did 'unset acpi_load', and got the system
> up, i was offering to help in fixing the acpi (actually debugging, since
> my head hurts from reading the acpi stuff :-)

Unfortunately your ASL appears to be the problem, not ACPI.  The best
thing you can do is try a BIOS update for your motherboard.  If that
doesn't help, use acpidump to get your DSDT and then start working on
things according to:

  http://www.cpqlinux.com/acpi-howto.html

This is not for the faint of heart so that's why I just suggested
disabling acpi on your box.

-Nate