Re: Installing on IBM BladeCenter HS20 (usb keyboard)

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:57:02 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Geoff Buckingham wrote:

> HS 20 is IBMs Serverwork GC-LE dual Xeon blade, it managment chassis contains
> usb floppy, cdrom, and usb to PS2 adapter for keyboard and mouse, these are
> only ever avilable to one blade at a time.
>
> I had a quick try to install from 5.1 iso this fails as the BTX loader can
> not see the CD once loaded.

Not sure what you mean by this.  This may indicate a system that does not
support CD native booting.  It might work with an ElTorito CD.

> Installing from floppy or PXE boot fails as syscons detects an at keyboard
> (probably to keep windows happy) and does not use the usb keyboard.

if you set flag 0x1 on atkbd0 it should get around this issue.
If the BIOS has a Legacy USB Keyboard feature, try disabling that.

Setting flags in 5.X involves tweaking hints which is slightly
non-inutitive, but you should be able to change it in userconfig on 4.X.