Re: Problem with umount and fsid?

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:39:33 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, Ian Dowse wrote:
> In message <20030718122134.B26395_at_root.org>, Nate Lawson writes:
> >I get an error when umounting a FAT filesystem on a USB flash drive.  It
> >appears the device is properly unmounted.  Is this a case that needs to be
> >fixed in our fsid code?  It happens every time I unmount this device.
>
> >laptop# umount /thumb
> >umount: unmount of /thumb failed: No such file or directory
> >umount: retrying using path instead of file system ID
> >laptop# mount | grep da0
> >laptop#
>
> Thanks for the report - in theory this should only occur if you
> have a kernel from before July 1st but a newer userland. Assuming
> that's not the case, I must have overlooked something. Could you
> update to the latest sbin/mount, and then post the output of:
>
> 	mount -v | grep /thumb
> 	truss umount /thumb

Will do but first I'll update my kernel to see if that fixes it.  It looks
like it was just under the wire:

FreeBSD laptop.example.org 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #1: Mon Jun 30 03:09:24 PDT 2003  cvs_at_shoebox:/e/scratch/obj/e/data/FreeBSD/5-src/sys/LAPTOP  i386

Sorry for what looks like a false report.  I must have overlooked updating
my kernel due to the past boot problems gcc 3.3 caused.

-Nate