Re: FreeBSD 5.1-R kernel panic

From: Bosko Milekic <bmilekic_at_technokratis.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:18:35 +0000
On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 09:08:18AM -0600, Stephane Raimbault wrote:
> I was looking at uping the kern.vm.kmem.size as suggested to do as well, but
> I cannot find that value in sysctl -a, so I'm not sure where to set that
> specifically.  I have found the value for nmbclusters and it is set to the
> following:

  It's a boot-time tunable.  Look at /boot/defaults/loader.conf and copy
  over the relevant line with a setting such as, for example, 350000
  into your /boot/loader.conf.  Increasing nmbclusters will not help you
  here.  In fact, if you're not running out, I would recommend keeping
  the value reasonable (e.g., 8192).

> kern.ipc.nmbclusters: 25600
>
> I guess short of setting the kern.vm.kmem.size I need to get someone here
> the stack trace leading to the crash... is there a URL that someone can
> point me to for me to set the box up for this?  I'll dig around in the
> developers handbook, I seem to remember seeing something about it in there.
>
> Thanks,
> Stephane.

Bosko Milekic  *  bmilekic_at_technokratis.com  *  bmilekic_at_FreeBSD.org
TECHNOkRATIS Consulting Services  *  http://www.technokratis.com/