Fun with 'fdisk -B -b /boot/boot0 ad0'

From: Ryan T. Dean <rtdean_at_cytagen.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:26:58 -0400
Greetings-
	I've got a laptop which I dualboot between -CURRENT and W2k.  I recently
had to reinstall W2k, and in the process it eliminated my MBR.  I can
successfully boot into FBSD by using a boot floppy and telling it to boot
the kernel from the hard drive, but this is, well, kludgy.  Checking the
handbook, I found the entry on how to reinstall the MBR.  So, I did a
'fdisk -B -b /boot/boot0 ad0'.  The FreeBSD boot program came back,
however, when I attempt to load FreeBSD, it merely beeps at me.  It will,
however, boot into W2k.  I've tried supping, rebuilding the boot blocks (cd
src/sys/boot; make install; fdisk -B -b /boot/boot0 ad0; disklabel -B
ad0s2) with no success.  I was hoping that someone might have an idea, as
I've exhausted all of mine for the time being.

		Cheers,
			Ryan T. Dean