Re: Gaim Crashing X

From: Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH <allbery_at_ece.cmu.edu>
Date: 25 Jul 2003 06:50:38 -0400
On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 06:33, Rus Foster wrote:
> I've beenfinding that when running gaim that its causing X to crash back
> down to the shell prompt. This has happened with both vesa, nv and nvidia
> drivers. Doing a latest buildworld still hasn't helped. Anyone got any
> insite in to this?

This is more of an anecdote than anything else, since I don't have any
systems running -current at the moment, but it might be helpful in
tracking it down.

I haven't had it crash X, but it tends to die with SIGILL when someone
logs out; turning on "show offline buddies" makes it happen less often.

If it's dying after sending a partial X protocol request to the server,
that would probably do it; XFree86 doesn't seem to deal with that very
well, in my experience.

--
brandon s. allbery   [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]  allbery_at_kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery_at_ece.cmu.edu