Re: cvs commit: src/sys/cam cam_ccb.h src/sys/cam/scsi scsi_cd.c scsi_da.c src/sys/dev/ata atapi-cam.c src/sys/dev/usb umass.c src/sys/dev/firewire sbp.c

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:14:36 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
> > After this code is in both stable and current, current USB quirks will be
> > deprecated but can be re-enabled in a pinch with a kernel option.
> > Unfortunately, I only have contact information for the more recent quirks
> > that were committed and so the only way to find devices that have other
> > problems (i.e. NO_SYNC_CACHE) is to disable the quirks and re-enable them
> > for devices that still fail.
>
> Did you ever find the bug in the sync cache "silence errors" code that
> was the root cause for most of the quirks?

Most of the quirks were added for NO_6_BYTE.  Many of the USB devices
include NO_SYNC_CACHE also although the documentation for many of these
was lost before we began keeping PRs documenting the issue.  Many of the
devices that include NO_SYNC_CACHE were just cut/pasted from previous
quirks and no attempt was made to verify the separate need for that quirk.
I'll do my best to follow down cvs logs and things but what it comes down
to is that we'll just have to test to see what quirks are really needed.

-Nate