Re: STEP 2, fixing dhclient behaviour with multiple interfaces

From: Dominic Mitchell <dom_at_happygiraffe.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:11:03 +0100
On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 02:01:36PM +0200, Martin Blapp wrote:
> > >   can access dhclient (or dhcpd) on the local machine without authentification.
> >
> > You can get omshell working without auth over tcp/ip - I managed this
> > today when playing.  But a unix domain socket would be nicer because the
> > dhclient server binds to INADDR_ANY by default.
>
> Cool. Do you have any pointers for me to try ? Little example etc ?

/etc/dhclient.conf contains:

    omapi port 7911;

Then, as root:

    # dhclient -n -w

And in another terminal:

    % netstat -an | grep -w 7911
    tcp4       0      0  *.7911                 *.* LISTEN
    % omshell
    > connect
    obj: <null>
    > new control
    obj: control
    > open
    obj: control
    state = 00:00:00:00
    > set state = 2
    obj: control
    state = 2
    > update
    obj: control
    state = 2

At this point, go back to the other window and notice that dhclient hs
terminated.

I haven't played much further than this yet, though.  The only other
thing I noticed is that getting a list of what objects are present
doesn't seem to be supported.  Well, I couldn't see how to do it...

-Dom