Palm syncing over USB on FreeBSD, any hopes?

From: Rajappa Iyer <rsi_at_panix.com>
Date: 29 Jul 2003 10:24:04 -0700
[ I sent this message to pilot-link-devel and coldsync-users.  I'm
  trying in freebsd-current and freebsd-hardware to see if I have
  better luck.  -rsi ]

So I've tried everything I could to sync my Sony Clie SJ10 (PalmOS
4.0) with FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE and 5-CURRENT including setting up ppp
over ucom0 for netsync as David Desrosiers suggested in:

http://lists.pilot-link.org/pipermail/pilot-link-general/2003-February/000896.html.

No dice.  When I use ucom, the device_probe_and_attach fails.  The
exact message is:

ucom0: Palm, Inc. Palm Handheld, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
ucom0: init failed, STALLED
device_probe_and_attach: ucom0 attach returned 6

Coldsync doesn't work with ugen0 either.

I turned on USB debugging and it seems like the failure point is when
the FreeBSD USB driver tries to do a bulk read at the second end point
on ugen0.  I've been digging into the USB code, but am not sure how to
fix it.  Any suggestions?  I'll be more than happy to help with any
testing and debugging, but need a pointer in the right direction.

Thanks,
Rajappa
--
<rsi_at_panix.com> a.k.a. Rajappa Iyer.