Re: HEADSUP: UMA not reentrant / possible memory leak

From: Bosko Milekic <bmilekic_at_technokratis.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:32:33 +0000
On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 12:09:18AM +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <88569.1059513090_at_critter.freebsd.dk>, Poul-Henning Kamp writes:
> >
> >[I'm CC'ing current because this seems to have a significant negative
> >impact on -current kernel stability, and we can use some more data,
> >in particular on non-i386 SMP machines]
>
> I just committed a workaround for this problem, until JeffR can
> find time to hunt it down.
>
> People running 5.1 and possibly 5.0 on SMP kernels may want to apply
> this patch:

  Thank you so much for doing this.  I was going to do this myself but
  had to leave the office.  Hopefully Jeff will have a chance to take a
  look at it otherwise I`ll be glancing at it tomorrow.  Also, it would
  be nice if those suffering from recent problems with kmem_map
  exhaustion on 5.1 try this and note whether or not it gets rid of your
  panics.

Regards,
--
Bosko Milekic  *  bmilekic_at_technokratis.com  *  bmilekic_at_FreeBSD.org
TECHNOkRATIS Consulting Services  *  http://www.technokratis.com/