RE: Compaq Evo N610c

From: Cagle, John (ISS-Houston) <"Cagle,>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:57:04 -0500
Which version of the N610C BIOS are you using?  (F.14 is the latest on the hp.com website.)  I know that the _OSI("Windows 2001") bug will be fixed in the F.15 release, but I don't think the _GL_ portion of your patch will be included.  Did you have to remove the Acquire & Release of _GL_ in order to get xbat to work?  (This is not a problem we see with Linux ACPI in 2.4.21, so I think that FreeBSD's ACPI stack needs updating.)

Thanks,
John

John Cagle     john.cagle_at_hp.com
Principal Member Technical Staff