make rerelease broken?

From: Bruce Cran <bruce_at_cran.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:26:27 +0100
There appears to be a breakage of 'rerelease' - that is, 'release' works, but
'rerelease' fails in telnetd.   After fixing the Makefile for the gcc -Os
build, the build failed in /usr/src/contrib/telnet/telnetd/authenc.c and ext.h.
I have since verified that the 'release' succeeds when the 'rerelease' fails.
I get messages about 'undefined reference to nclearto' - it's not finding the
extern char *nclearto from ext.h.   For some reason, it only fails when doing
the rerelease.

--
Bruce Cran