Re: 5.1-RELEASE TODO

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 16:54:06 +0200
On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 09:00:13 -0400 (EDT)
Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

>   Areas requiring immediate testing

I already reported to -current that I wasn't able to umount a msdosfs
slice a while ago (umount failed with "busy" and the slice was still
mounted), last week I had the possibility to test it with a May 25
kernel again and I still wasn't able to umount the msdosfs slice. I
tried not with the same harddisk as last time and the slices wheren't
created by the same Windows system, so I exclude the possibility of a
damaged slice.

I try to get time to connect the harddisk again to my system (with a May
30 kernel) before I return the disk, but I think the issue should get
added to the list of issues to look at before 5.1 (at least to be able
to add it to the errata).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
      ...and that is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.

http://www.Leidinger.net                       Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net