Re: Fatal trap on RELENG_5_1 SMP

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 12:03:56 -0400 (EDT)
Could you build your kernel with options DDB and debugging symbols, and
when the kernel drops to the debugger on this panic, copy and past the
stack trace into an e-mail?  Alternatively, or perhaps as well, extract
the information with a core.  There are some excellent instructions on
generating some comprehensive crash reports here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html

This looks like it's a NULL pointer dereference, so the question we need
to answer is: which pointer?  To do that, we'll need to turn that back
into a C line number, which will need the kernel with debugging symbols.

Thanks!

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories