Re: raidframe

From: Petri Helenius <pete_at_he.iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 11:36:18 +0300

> If you rewind to last October, RAIDFrame worked well.  Unfortunately,
> some kernel interfaces changed in between now and then and RAIDFrame was
> left behind.  I am remis in not fixing it, but please understand that I
> also have quite a few other responsibilities, and I get paid $0 to work
> on RAIDframe.

Not being a native english speaker I probably didnīt understand that
experimental equals broken. If that equation cannot be justified, then
the release notes should have said "has critical defects" or "broken",
not just "experimental".

I appreciate the work you and everybody else puts in, it just does not make
sense to have people go through the same hoops and hit the wall when that
could be saved by a single line noting that that the wall exists.

Pete