Re: 5.1-RELEASE TODO

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:59:29 +0200
On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 07:09:44 -0300
"Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs_at_newsguy.com> wrote:

> > I hadn't any program running with legitimate access to /mnt and I have
> > no program running which accesses a random filesystem path, so no vnodes
> > should have been open then.
>
> Alas, lsof (ports) would be a better way of checking if there are vnodes
> open or not. I think fstat does that too, but I'm too used to lsof.
>
> Also, what is the error message?

It was EBUSY. The first time I thought: sure, there's something open on
it... with 3 xterms open where I use zsh as the shell it was easy to
hunt for a program which I may have suspended, but I wasn't able to find
one. Even "umount -f" wasn't able to umount the slice. As the disk was
used to transport some data I wasn't able to look further into this.

Now with a new kernel (from May 30) and another data transport on a
harddisk I'm not able to reproduce the problem (a May 25 kernel failed
to umount the slice).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
      ...and that is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.

http://www.Leidinger.net                       Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net