Re: 5.2-RELEASE TODO

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 09:45:48 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:

> Actually, I would think it a desirable feature mac support that won't
> panic within 24 hours. :-)
>
> I've given up on mac again. Can't have it if it panics on every daily.
> :-( What's the plans for dealing with that?

Right now I'm aware of one panic that shows up only if labeled MAC
policies are linked to the kernel, rather than loaded as modules during
the boot process.  Currently, it manifests when multiple applications open
sockets listening on the same UDP port, and may relate to multiple
delivery of mbufs; this panic does not occur when using the modules,
however.  I'm still tracking down the details. We corrected the
compat/linux/dev/null panic (or at least, eliminated it)  -- this turned
out to be a bug in UFS2 that can be triggered without the use of MAC.  Are
there are additional panics you're experiencing?

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories