SMBFS automounting broken?

From: The Anarcat <anarcat_at_anarcat.ath.cx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 18:57:09 -0400
Hi!

Recently, I noticed that my samba shares were not automounted on
boot.

What I understand of it is that netfs_types is defined in
rc.d/mountcritlocal, but not in rc.d/mountcritremote, which makes the
code:

                # Mount other network filesystems if present in /etc/fstab.
                for i in ${networkfs_types}; do
                        fstype=${i%:*}
                        fsdecr=${i#*:}

                        [ "${fstype}" = "nfs" ] && continue

                        case "`mount -d -a -t ${fstype}`" in
                        *mount_${fstype}*)
                                echo -n "Mounting ${fsdecr} file systems:"
                                mount -a -t ${fstype}
                                echo '.'
                                ;;
                        esac
                done

does strictly nothin, since networkfs_types is empty.

A workaround would be the following patch, but I'm sure there's a
better way to do this, maybe by putting the networkfs_types in
defaults/rc.conf?

--- mountcritremote.orig	Wed Jun  4 18:48:31 2003
+++ mountcritremote	Wed Jun  4 18:55:55 2003
_at__at_ -55,6 +55,9 _at__at_
 		mount -a -t nfs
 		echo '.'

+                # Set up the list of network filesystem types for which mounting
+                # should be delayed until after network initialization.
+                networkfs_types='nfs:NFS smbfs:SMB portalfs:PORTAL'
 		# Mount other network filesystems if present in /etc/fstab.
 		for i in ${networkfs_types}; do
 			fstype=${i%:*}

The patch to rc.conf would be very similar, of course.

I think this should be rushed in 5.1 so I CC: the REs.

A.

--
Seul a un caractère scientifique ce qui peut être réfuté. Ce qui n'est
pas réfutable relève de la magie ou de la mystique.