Re: USB printing mangles printjob :-(

From: Bernd Walter <ticso_at_cicely12.cicely.de>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 13:49:25 +0200
On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 12:16:56PM +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> While testing my dads HP 880C printer, I found out that our USB printing
> mangles printjobs.

stable or current?

> I ran the "colorcir.ps" file through ghostscript with the hpijs driver
> set to output for the 880C and saved the result in a file.
>
> If I send that file to the printer via the parallel port, it prints
> perfectly.  If I send it via USB/ulpt there are corrupted bytes in
> the job which mess up the printout in various ways.

I've seen this too on current.
It seemed that bytes are lost if output is blocked due to a full
printers input buffer.
I've thought that this was an incompatibility between my USB-printer
adapter and the printer because the adapter works with other printers.

> I don't have time to hunt this down.

If I find something and you have the time to test would be great, as
it happened to me with a thermo transfer printer, where tests are
expensive.

ticso_at_bwct.de                                  info_at_bwct.de