Re: [acpi-jp 2332] Re: 5.1-RELEASE TODO

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:41:49 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Scott Long wrote:
> Larry Rosenman wrote:
> > For the record, yesterday's sources STILL produce the panic at 0x7 for
> > me on transition to battery.
> >
> > I can get more crashdumps/kernels if someone asks.
> > I've mentioned this for the last ~1.5 months.
>
> The official position is that ACPI is in a transition period right now,
> and that while that gets worked out we encourage people to disable it on
> their systems if they are not in a position to actively debug and fix
> it.

For those who find they may need to disable acpi, you can selectively
disable different components.  Larry, since yours is on battery
transition, try "debug.acpi.disable.ec=1" or possibly one of the other
options.  I recall that you had a thermal problem also.

For Paul, who was having irq probing issues, try
"hw.acpi.pci.link.%d.%d.%d.irq" to set it explicitly while leaving ACPI
enabled.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=acpi&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+5.0-current&format=html

I have been working on Campi's and LER's problems.  But I only do this in
my free time.  Your best bet is acpi-jp_at_ as the Intel people are very good
at this.  Several other BSD users have been stepping up to help on that
list and they are very much appreciated.

-Nate