Re: PANIC: FreeBSD dislikes temps (panic when mounting /tmp)

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 17:24:14 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:

> Robert, I cc'ed you because you are usually guilty anyway... (besides,
> there's a ea thingy there :)

I probably am, actually :-).  Is the file system in question UFS or UFS2?

To summarize the context of the crash: when UFS_EXTATTR_AUTOSTART is
present in the kernel, UFS file systems are scanned for a ".attribute"
directory in the root of the file system, and then it walks into various
subdirectories of that directory looking for attribute files to start.
This happens fairly early in the mount process, and it looks like the
panic is in the UFS_DIRHASH code, so perhaps we're bumping into an
incompletely initialized inode field of some sort.  I'll look in detail at
this over the weekend.

Is this during the boot, or is this later when you mount a UFS file
system?  The trace is truncated at the bottom, I think.

Thanks,

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories