Re: Ports Bug (Nagios)

From: horio shoichi <bugsgrief_at_bugsgrief.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 10:37:31 +0900
On Fri, 06 Jun 2003 10:26:01 -0700
Adam <freebsd_at_mygeotivity.com> wrote:

> I found a bug in the /ports/net/naios port. More correctly, I think it
> would be in /ports/net/nagios-plugins.
>
> I had Postgres 7.2 installed on my system. I did this manually from source.
> It seems that when you choose to have postgres support for nagios, it
> doesn't check to see if the library exists, but instead looks to see if the
> port was installed. This resulted in my install getting clobbered,
> directory permissions getting reassigned and my database going down.
>

> TTYL
>
> Adam

%cd /usr/ports/net/nagios
%env WITH_POSTGRES="yes" make -V PKGNAME -V LIB_DEPENDS -V BUILD_DEPENDS -V RUN_DEPENDS
nagios-1.0_1
gd.2:/usr/ports/graphics/gd gnugetopt.1:/usr/ports/devel/libgnugetopt pq.3:/usr/ports/databases/postgresql7

/usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_nagios:/usr/ports/net/nagios-plugins
%cd /usr/ports/net/nagios-plugins
%env WITH_POSTGRES="yes" make -V PKGNAME -V LIB_DEPENDS -V BUILD_DEPENDS -V RUN_DEPENDS
nagios-plugins-1.3.0

gmake:/usr/ports/devel/gmake /usr/local/libexec/automake14/automake:/usr/ports/devel/automake14 /usr/local/libexec/autoconf213/autoconf:/usr/ports/devel/autoconf213

So, nagios is referencing the library with the name pq.3.

If you are confident what you have is compatible with what nagios wants,
you could have told a "lie" that it is pq.3, wherever you installed it.

horio shoichi