Re: dhclient script in rc.d doesn't use ${dhcp_program} (conf/53007)

From: Mike Makonnen <mtm_at_identd.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 06:01:36 -0400
On Sat, 7 Jun 2003 03:18:18 -0600
John Nielsen <john_at_jnielsen.net> wrote:

> I just submitted a PR for a bug I noticed in the dhclient script.  Namely,
> it ignores the setting of dhcp_program from rc.conf.  A one-line fix did
> the trick for me, although there may be ramifications I'm not aware of.

hmm it looks like the bug is actually our name for the program. In the new rc
system there is glue code that automagically overides the command. But in order
for it to work the variable has to be named a certain way in rc.conf. In this
case the variable name is dhcp_program, but what it should really be is
dhclient_program.

This is another variable we're going to have to deprecate.
Thanks for reporting this!

Cheers.
--
Mike Makonnen  | GPG-KEY: http://www.identd.net/~mtm/mtm.asc
mtm_at_identd.net | D228 1A6F C64E 120A A1C9  A3AA DAE1 E2AF DBCC 68B9