Re: mini-PCI Cards dont work

From: Torsten Kötting <Amnesia_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 20:00:59 +0200
Hello,

>: After checking several mailarchives and trying
>: older firmwares for the MPI350 without having any success I thought I
give
>: up on the MPI350 and buy an Orinoco wlan card, again MiniPCI. I was sure
>: have solved my probs now but I was wrong. Exactly the same problem
appears
>: now with the Orinoco Card. The Driver finds it, after activating the wi0
>: interface the system crashes.

>What was the crash?  I've has issues with my minipci orinoco card that
>I've not been able to fully nail down.

sorry, i dont know what exactly causes the crash.
After activating the interface wi0 the system freezes not showing any
messages anymore ...
Interesting was that the Orinoco card was'nt found when i was using my
custom-mini kernel which had all the PC-Card stuff disabled. I thought the
accessability of the mini-PCI slot doesnt depend on any PC-Card drivers ...

thanks for help

Torsten