Re: Nvidia driver problems

From: Jeremy Messenger <mezz7_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 16:23:24 -0500
On 09 Jun 2003 23:22:55 +0200, Sascha Holzleiter <sascha_at_daemonground.de>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> just got these messages with a today -CURRENT and the nvidia driver
> compiled with FREEBSD_AGP:

<snip>

> Is this just a "the nvidia driver isn't officially for the 5.x series"
> issue or shouldn't this happen at all?
>
> If I compile the module without FREEBSD_AGP and use it with the
> debugging kernel the system core-dumps. Without debugging activated in
> the kernel this is running quite stable...

Disable the debug is always the solution to me so far.

Let me quote it from http://www.minion.de/nvidia.html :
Potential FreeBSD specific sources of instabilities are such kernel
configurations that enable debugging or aggressive optimizations. You
should keep this in mind if you are seeing seemingly random panics.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.