Re: New Kernel Breaks IPFW

From: Ian Freislich <ianf_at_za.uu.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:45:40 +0200
Andre Guibert de Bruet wrote:
> Ian,
>
> The new ipfw binary will work with an up-to-date kernel. What you need to
> do is boot this new kernel and only then try out the new ipfw binary.

That doesn't really explain why the new ipfw binary core dumped
with the new kernel, but worked fine with old kernels.

Now that I've removed BDECFLAGS, it seems that my buildworld will
succeed and whatever it was that was broken that ipfw linked in
(statically) will hopefully be fixed and all will be good in my
land of -CURRENT, for the moment that is.

Ian