Re: ThinkPad T20 with 5.0R wakes up from halt -p

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:28:15 -0700
> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 21:26:02 +0200
> From: Oliver Fischer <plexus_at_snafu.de>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>
> Hello,
>
> I run my laptop (IBM ThinkPad T20) under FreeBSD 5.0 R. Everything is
> quite ok, only the ACPI stuff doesn't work up to 100%.
>
> If I turn off my notebook via halt -p, it is turned of via ACPI. BUT
> after some time it starts again. Why?

Oliver,

I have sent his reported several times with only one fix: turn off
ACPI and turn on apm.

It is possible that the latest BIOS update (released 30-Apr) and ACPI
code will fix the problem, but I can't confirm anything. In any case,
you should go to 5.1. It fixes many, many things!

See the handbook on how to enable APM in V5. (Make sure to put
APM_ENABLE="YES" into /etc/rc.conf and load the apm module in
/etc/loader.conf.)

When you say "Everything is quite ok", does that include suspend (S3)?
I have no reports of that working on any T series ThinkPad.

Good luck!
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)