Re: [solved] buildworld error

From: Gordon Bergling <gordon_at_bsd-network.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 22:57:19 +0200
On Tue Jun 10, 2003 at 01:17PM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > Since I disable BDECFLAGS in /etc/make.conf this problem goes away. I
> > don't know if this effects the build process in any other way. I had
> > enable them around 4.5-RELEASE or so. ;)
>
> That's entirely expected.  Whatever gave you the idea that this would
> be good thing to add to CFLAGS in the first place?

<-------------From /etc/make.conf -------------------------------------->
# BDECFLAGS are a set of gcc warning settings that Bruce Evans has
# suggested
# for use in developing FreeBSD and testing changes.  They can be used
# by
# putting "CFLAGS+=${BDECFLAGS}" in /etc/make.conf.  -Wconversion is not
# included here due to compiler bugs, e.g., mkdir()'s mode_t argument.
This sounds for me the right thing for use in -CURRENT.
Iam sure this was wrong, but I make this setting months ago and forgot
it. There were never be problems until these days.

best regards,

Gordon

--
There is no place like 127.0.0.1/8!