Re: adsl/pppoe no longer connecting on 5.1

From: Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 16:02:25 +0200
On Wednesday 11 June 2003 13:53, T. Muddletin wrote:
> On my previous FreeBSD version (5.0 April 21 snapshot), my ADSL/pppoe
> setup worked fine... as it always has all the way back to 4.x. Now
> having installed 5.1-RELEASE, with no other changes, ppp no longer can
> seeming no longer connect to my adsl modem. I've been struggling with
> this for days.

Are you sure you really have 5.1-RELEASE and not 5-CURRENT shortly after
-RELEASE? There have been many other reports on pppoe related breakage with
ppp in -CURRENT, but 5.1-RELEASE should work (at least it works fine for me).

--
Michael Nottebrock   \         KDE on FreeBSD      \              ,ww
                      \             ---             \     ,wWWCybaWW_)