Re: ThinkPad T20 with 5.0R wakes up from halt -p

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:22:57 -0700
> Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:47:33 +0200
> From: Oliver Fischer <plexus_at_snafu.de>
>
> Hello Kevin,
>

> Kevin Oberman schrieb:
> > It is possible that the latest BIOS update (released 30-Apr) and ACPI
> > code will fix the problem, but I can't confirm anything. In any case,
> > you should go to 5.1. It fixes many, many things!
>
> where did you find it? At IBM's site I found only version 1.21. from
> 1999. Did you mean that version?

This is a bit odd, but version IYET60WW shows a BIOS date in 12/99,
but a release date of 30-Apr-2003. I have been told by others that is
really is a new release. You probably should check your BIOS version
against IYET60WW.

> > When you say "Everything is quite ok", does that include suspend (S3)?
> > I have no reports of that working on any T series ThinkPad.
>
> S3 works mostly fine.

Cool. On every ThinkPad I know of, ACPI S3 results in two
problems. The disk spin down immediately, not allowing time for
cache to flush (ouch!) and the backlight on the display stays on.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)