5.1-RELEASE can't find SIL 0680 IDE controller

From: Mike Schreckengost <mrpolitics_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 19:15:04 -0400
Hello everyone,
    First off, let me express my appreciation for all of the hard work that
has been put into the 5.1-RELEASE of FreeBSD. I have installed it, and am
extremely happy with the way that it performs on my system.

Having said that, here is my dilemma: I have a Silicon Image 0680 IDE hard
drive controller that (for the most part) works flawlessly in FreeBSD. The
problem is that it gets detected during the boot process *ONLY IF* I first
boot into another operating system (Linux, in my case), issue the 'shutdown
-r now' command, and then reboot into FreeBSD. If I power up the system and
immediately try booting FreeBSD, it is not found.

I don't recall having this problem using 5.0-RELEASE, if that is any help.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Mike