Re: bluetooth 20030604 and 5.1 release

From: Maksim Yevmenkin <m_evmenkin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 22:24:51 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

Did you download firmware into the device? Broadcom BCM2033 chip based
device will not work without firmware. The snapshot comes with firmware
download driver ubtbcmfw(4) and firmware download utility bcmfw(8). In
order to make Broadcom device work you need to

1) load ubtbcmfw.ko module
2) load ng_ubt.ko module
3) use bcmfw utility to download mini driver and firmware images

You should see ubtbcmfw(4) driver attach to the device first. After
you download firmware the device should detach itself and ng_ubt(4)
driver should attach to it. After that you can use rc.bluetooth script.

Due to copyright issues I can not provide mini driver and firmware
images for device. The firmware files can be fetched as part of

http://bluez.sourceforge.net/download/bluez-bluefw-0.9.tar.gz

thanks,
max