Re: ACPI: Error: Method execution failed

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 12:22:48 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

> already had this with 5.0 as I do with 5.1 and I suspect it's
> a broken BIOS ?

Or something that the MS interpreter allows and the stringent Intel one
does not.

This might be fixable ... its overrunning a region definition which could
be a simple bug that could be fixed by extracting the DSDT, convert to
ASL, fix, recompile, and override. Of course you have to know ASL :)

> It is a MSI-6210 w/o SCSI onboard but MP. It's the latest BIOS
> revision available for this board - I can check the version
> on request but I do not really like rebooting again ;-)

You should probably pester MSI and claim Linux has the same issue.  The
magic L word might wake them up.

If you want to be extra neat, use acpidump to extract the dsdt and in
bundle that with your dmesg into a tarball I can download.