Need acpi-event-d?

From: David Gilbert <dgilbert_at_velocet.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 07:07:36 -0400
First, I must say that it's cool that ACPI code can be examined and
rewritten.  In my laptop's case, this was key to make things fairly
happy.

Anyways, after a resume, it would appear I need to kill and restart
moused.  Under 4.x, apmd was used for this purpose ... but this new
laptop doesn't support apm at all.  /dev/apm seemed to be emulated by
acpi for the benifit of battery monitors, but apmd won't run.

Is there a facility to run things on resume, or is this reset
something better done inside the kernel?

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Velocet Communications.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dgilbert_at_velocet.net             |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |