Re: -E flag in /etc/rc.d/ipfilter causes warnings

From: Mike Bohan <bogin_at_shortcircut.org>
Date: 16 Jun 2003 23:02:16 -0400
That's actually how I interpreted the man page too (the way you did),
but rc.conf says the inverse, and my testing corresponds to this as
well...

ipfilter_flags=""               # should be *empty* when ipf is _not_ a
module
                                # (i.e. compiled into the kernel) to
                                # avoid a warning about "already
initialized"

I agree there's no easy solution with the rc.d start/stop
functionality.  I'll let the list know if I come up with an alternate
method.

--
Mike Bohan <bogin_at_shortcircut.org>