Re: ACPI problems on 5.1

From: Sid Carter <sidcarter_at_symonds.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:28:56 +0530
On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 04:21:41PM +0100, Antony T Curtis wrote:

> On a Compaq Armada V300 notebook, if I load the acpi module, boot fails after
> the kernel prints about half a dozen "acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR", fails
> to detect any of the hardware and panics because of failure to mount root.
>
> With the acpi module disabled, the machine is able to boot up.
>
> This same machine used to be able to run 5.0-CURRENT with ACPI enabled and I
> think the ACPICA merge at around May 2003 could be responsible.

Hi,

Was able to get ACPI working with FreeBSD on my Compaq Evo N800c. I have
put up the stuff at my site here ->
http://khader.net/archives/p/319/c/1#comments

Of course, now, acpi_thermal seems to be giving me problems, as it
crashes every 5 minutes. Will see if I can get a trace and post the same
here.

Regards
	Sid
--
Do something unusual today.  Pay a bill.

Sid Carter - http://khader.net