Re: NVidia kernel driver support for FreeBSD-5.1

From: Juan Rodriguez Hervella <jrh_at_it.uc3m.es>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:41:43 +0200
On Wednesday 18 June 2003 16:05, Kenneth Culver wrote:
> > #pciconf -l -v
> >
> > none1_at_pci0:12:0:        class=0x030000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x002d10de
> > rev=0x15 hdr=0x00 vendor   = 'NVIDIA Corporation'
> >      device   = 'NV5 TNT2 Model 64 / TNT2 Model 64 Pro'
> >
> > This is my video card, which sounds just like yours.  I have it working
> > fine with the native XFree 'nv' module, but two caveats:
>
> The nv module won't support 3d acceleration. IF you want 3d accel, you
> have to use nvidia's binary driver.

Hello!

I've got exactly that video card :)

So...the best way is using the ports collection,
do I still have to delete "options INVARIANT" and recompile
the kernel ? It's very painful for me to compile things because
I've got an old computer (Pentium MMX 200Mhz) and it takes
long time to compile the kernel, so if I can still use both the kernel
with INVARIANTS and install the nvidia-port, I'd be delighted.

I'm not at home yet :(

Thanks!