Re: 5.1-CURRENT hangs on disk i/o? sysctl_old_user() non-sleepable locks

From: Don Lewis <truckman_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:58:26 -0700 (PDT)
On 18 Jun, Chris Shenton wrote:
> Don Lewis <truckman_at_FreeBSD.org> writes:
>
>> Try the very untested patch below ...
>
>> RCS file: /home/ncvs/src/sys/kern/uipc_syscalls.c,v
>
> When I do the patch, how much of the OS do I need to rebuild, just do
> a "make install" in the ".../src/sys/kern" dir?  Rebuild the OS from
> the top dir? Rebuild the kernel?  I want to make sure I'm giving this
> a proper test.

If the only changes since the last buildworld have been in src/sys, then
the slow but safe way is:
	make buildkernel
	make installkernel
The quicker way is:
	cd /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KERNELCONFNAME
	make
	make install
You can do "make reinstall" instead of "make install" if you don't want
/boot/kernel.old to be nuked and boot/kernel to be renamed to
/boot/kernel.old before the new kernel is installed.

You'll have to do it the slow way if you've changed your kernel
configuration.