Re: NFS weirdness...

From: jle <jle_at_baa.ssars.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 02:13:32 -0700 (PDT)
>jle said:
>>
>> My new web server won't mount NFS from fstab on reboot.
>>

>> on NFSD: (/etc/exports)
>> /home2           -maproot=0 -alldirs     httpd
>>
>> on HTTPD: (/etc/fstab)
>> NFSD:/home2              /home           nfs     rw,bg           0
0

>> <manually mounting works>
>> mount NFSD:/home2 /home
>>
>> Works fine until I reboot. Shouldn't it mount by itself? What am I
missing
>> now? Why doesn't HTTPD mount NFSD:/home2 on /home when it reboots? I
see
>> no errors in messages on either machine. Both are 5.1-CURRENT.
>>
>> TIA
>
>I had the same problem. I found it was due to named starting after the
>mount was attempted and so it couldn't resolve the name of the nfs
server.
>I changed the fstab to the ip address instead and it worked fine. An
>example from my fstab:
>
>192.168.1.10:/usr/src   /usr/src        nfs     rw,soft,intr,nfsv3,tcp  0
     0

>Give that a go.
>
>Regards, Matt.

I did try that as my named was starting after "Mounting NFS file systems"
too but it still wouldn't mount that line from fstab. It still mounts fine
manually but not automatically on reboot like it should. It's probably
something like a flag in rc.conf that I'm missing or some other little
thing but I'm just not finding it. Thanks for trying. Anyone else with an
idea?

TIA