Re: NFS weirdness...

From: jle <jle_at_baa.ssars.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:40:14 -0700 (PDT)
> As a diagnostic step:
> Boot up the system, and then try to manually mount the filesystem with
> the command 'mount /usr/src'.  If this works ... it pretty much confirms
> that your /etc/fstab syntax is correct.  If it doesn't work, focus on
> /etc/fstab as the problem.
>
> HTH.
>
> --
> Bill Moran
> Potential Technologies
> http://www.potentialtech.com

Thanks Bill, but as I said mounting it manually works fine so I doubt it's
fstab.

>>><manually mounting works>
>>>mount NFSD:/home2 /home

So that also pretty much clears NFSD too /etc/exports works as evidenced
in showmounts -e <host> and that I can manually mount it from HTTPD. I
also serve homes via Samba on NFSD, that wouldn't interfere with NFS,
would it?

Again, since it's buried, here are my exports and fstab.

on NFSD:
/home2           -maproot=0 -alldirs     httpd

on HTTPD:
NFSD:/home2              /home           nfs     rw,bg           0       0

Since it mounts manually but not automatically on reboot, I'm still stuck.

TIA