Current kernel Fatal Trap 12

From: Manfred Antar <null_at_pozo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:58:28 -0700
For the past week i have not been able to boot with current kernel.
The last kernel that works is from Sat June 14th.
When I build and try and boot a current kernel I get:
fault virtual address   = 0x38
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc01f6212
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xc04b1e24
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xc04b1e24
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 0 (swapper)
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault
Uptime: 1s

fault virtual address   = 0x38
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc01f6212
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xc04b1cec
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xc04b1cec
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 0 (swapper)
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault
Uptime: 1s

This continues to scroll by many times and I can't get to the debugger.
The machine is i386 SMP dual pentium-pro overdrive processors.
Same thing happens with kernel configured as UNIprocessor.

||      null_at_pozo.com           ||
||      Ph. (415) 681-6235      ||