Re: Problem with wi in CURRENT (and 5.1)

From: Eirik Oeverby <ltning_at_anduin.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:41:43 +0200
Hi,

this is exactly the problem I have with my wi-driven card aswell. I have
a pretty standard Lucent card (Orinoco Silver, 64bit), PCMCIA, in my
ThinkPad T21 (see another thread specifically about that machine and its
issues with 5.1). It will work for a while, then start spitting out
error messages like

wi0: bad alloc 55c != 2a2, cur 0 nxt 0
wi0: device timeout
wi0: bad alloc 573 != 2a2, cur 0 nxt 0
wi0: device timeout

and

wi0: timeout in wi_seek to fc02/0
wi0: timeout in wi_seek to fc03/0

and ofcourse the messages you describe. Pulling the card out and
re-inserting it, then ifconfig, brings it back to life for a few minutes
or as much as half an hour or so.
At first I thought it was a signal level problem, but it's not. I also
thought it's an encryption problem, but that's not it either. So I'm
really confused - it worked perfectly for weeks on end with 4.8, and now
in 5.1/CURRENT it screws me over like this.
Firmware is at the latest level.

Just my two cents to confirm your story ;)

/Eirik