Re: cardbus and xircom ethernet problem

From: Matt <matt_at_xtaz.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:22:14 +0100 (BST)
M. Warner Losh wrote:

>I've seen this with a few cards that I have here.  I'm not sure what
>causes it, and haven't had time to look into it deeply.
>
>You might try OLDCARD to see if that helps.
>
>Warner

I have just recompiled it with the OLDCARD parameters and now it shows
more promising signs. However it still doesn't work :(

I now get on inserting the card:

holly kernel: pccard: card inserted, slot0

holly pccardd[172]: Card "Xircom"("CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56")
[CEM56] [1.00] matched "Xircom" ("CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56")
[null] [null]

holly pccard[172]: driver allocation failed for Xircom(CreditCard Ethernet
10/100 + Modem 56): Device not configured

Though this is obviously a lot better looking than using NEWCARD which
causes those CIS errors.

My kernel config currently has:

nodevice        cbb
nodevice        pccard
nodevice        cardbus
device          card 2
device          pcic
device          xe

The OLDCARD file actually does not have a number after device card,
however I found when trying to compile this it errors with Device "card"
requires a count. I am unsure of what the "count" means so just put a
random number in there.

Anything else I can try?

Regards, Matt.

--
email: matt_at_xtaz.co.uk - web: http://xtaz.co.uk/
Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.