Re: acpi patch for dell laptop?

From: Vincent Poy <vince_at_oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:38:26 -1000 (HST)
	Speaking about ACPI, has anyone figured out how to close the lid
without suspending?  I remember before, when the lid was closed, it would
suspend even with sysctl set to not suspend and the screen stays on and
when you resume, you can type but the screen freezes and doesn't update.
This is on a Inspiron 8200.  I can't test the new patch for a few days as
my original HD running March 8, 2003 -CURRENT died on April 7, 2003 and it
seems the drive has problems reading/writing as it timeouts but I can get
/etc only so I'm going to rebuild the system.

Cheers,
Vince - vince_at_WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1_at_IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin