broken DRM for ATI Radeon

From: Pierre Beyssac <pb_at_fasterix.frmug.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 01:14:51 +0200
Since the "new" DRM has been integrated in current by the end of
April, I've been unable to use DRI with my ATI card.

The X server starts and apparently works, then suddenly (when
scrolling an xterm or doing some memory-intensive operation like
3D rendering) enters a busy loop.

After an awful lot of searching and attempting to debug the code,
I've finally been able to find out that the server loops on an
ioctl(DRM_IOCTL_DMA) returning EBUSY, which means that the DRM
driver can't get a free buffer from radeon_cp.c:radeon_freelist_get().

My XFree server is the latest version of the package
(XFree86-Server-4.3.0_8). Earlier versions exhibited the same
behaviour.

Does anyone have a clue on where to investigate some more and fix
that?
--
Pierre Beyssac	      	    pb_at_fasterix.frmug.org pb_at_fasterix.freenix.org
    Free domains: http://www.eu.org/ or mail dns-manager_at_EU.org