Re: audigy 2

From: David O'Brien <obrien_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:21:47 -0700
On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 11:09:39AM -0700, Greg J. wrote:
> Yuriy Tsibizov wrote:
>
> > Old driver (emu10k1.c) was too big for me to work on it and was
> > difficult to add MIDI support. I know that my driver will never go
> > into the tree - sound_at_ decided to use Orlando Bassotto's work. His
> > driver is much closer to original emu10k1.c that mine.
>
> How about making a 'emu10k2' driver for just audigy 2.. and leaving the current 'emu10k1' alone?

I think that is a hack as the two seem to be simular enough there should
be a single driver.  Now I'm not a sound driver guy at all, so maybe the
HW interface is different enough to warent that.

I wish someone with more clue than I would charge forward and commit some
of the patches running around. :-(