RE: audigy 2

From: Yuriy Tsibizov <Yuriy.Tsibizov_at_gfk.ru>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:27:18 +0400
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 10:39:09AM +0400, Yuriy Tsibizov wrote:
> > My PCM-only driver is commitable. Diff to emu10k1.c in
> -current is small
> > and clear (at least to me). It's stable enought to be
> commited. But it
> > will not be commited because sound_at_ decided to use another
> driver that
> > is better than mine.
>
> Where is the "sound_at_" list?
sound _at_ freebsd.org. It's not a public mailing list.

>  I looked at the 2003
> freebsd-multimedia list
> archives and couldn't find any real discussion on this.
> Where can I get
> your your PCM-only driver patch?
It's not available as a diff to -current, but I can make a diff on weekend (I don't have any FreeBSD machine at work).
You can also try to do it yourself, driver package is available from http://chibis.persons.gfk.ru/audigy/stable/emu10k1k.tar.gz. This driver does not include Audigy2 support, but adding it is very easy (about 10 lines of additional code). It also have very strange mixer (I have to emulate some of AC97 mixer registers to get volume control on Audigy).

Yuriy.