Re: FreeBSD 5.1-Release freezes

From: Socketd <db_at_traceroute.dk>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:59:36 +0200
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:44:56 -0400 (EDT)
Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> The code most likely to cause a memory leak in the MAC Framework is
> the label management code, since that's the only code that really does
> much in the way of memory allocaiton.  Try compiling options MAC_DEBUG
> into your kernel, which causes the MAC Framework to track the number
> of labels it has allocated/free'd in a series of variables:
>
> static unsigned int nmacmbufs, nmaccreds, nmacifnets, nmacbpfdescs,
>     nmacsockets, nmacmounts, nmactemp, nmacvnodes, nmacdevfsdirents,
>     nmacipqs, nmacpipes, nmacprocs;
>
> You can inspect them using a series of sysctls in the
> security.mac.debug tree; I'd be interested to see how those values
> change as you approach the hang.

Hmm, this is strange. I build the same kernel with:
makeoptions	DEBUG=-g
options         DDB                     #Enable the kernel debugger
options         INVARIANTS              #Enable calls of extra sanity
checking
options         INVARIANT_SUPPORT       #Extra sanity checks of internal
structures, required by INVARIANTS
options         WITNESS                 #Enable checks to detect
deadlocks and cycles
options         MAC
options         MAC_DEBUG

Now it doesn't hang and there is nothing in the logs.

Btw here is some info:
security.mac.debug.label_fallback: 0
security.mac.debug.counters.mbufs: 0
security.mac.debug.counters.creds: 17
security.mac.debug.counters.ifnets: 3
security.mac.debug.counters.ipqs: 0
security.mac.debug.counters.bpfdescs: 0
security.mac.debug.counters.sockets: 7
security.mac.debug.counters.pipes: 2
security.mac.debug.counters.procs: 63
security.mac.debug.counters.mounts: 6
security.mac.debug.counters.temp: 0
security.mac.debug.counters.vnodes: 429
security.mac.debug.counters.devfsdirents: 96

Again I am not running anything but the base system and ssh.

br
socketd