RE: Heads up: checking in change to ata-card.c

From: Will Saxon <WillS_at_housing.ufl.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:36:31 -0400

Well I am pretty sure this isn't an Nvidia chipset, actually I know it isn't:

atapci0: <VIA 8235 ATA133 controller> port 0xb000-0xb00f at device 17.1 on pci0
ata0: at 0x1f0 irq 14 on atapci0
ata1: at 0x170 irq 15 on atapci0
ad0: 9797MB <QUANTUM FIREBALLP LM10.2> [19906/16/63] at ata0-master UDMA66
acd0: MODE_SENSE_BIG command timeout - resetting
ata1: resetting devices .. done
..repeat 19 more times..
acd0: CDROM <CD-956E/AKV> at ata1-master PIO4

Maybe there are some similarities though - Nvidia seemed to just pull a good chipset out of nowhere a couple of years ago, maybe they licensed some stuff from Via? I know they worked a lot on the Xbox but that is an Intel system - the nForce stuff is AMD-only.

I have 4 operable machines, 3 of them working with this 694D board, the other (ironically) a 230T also (which is working fine with a 4.8-PRERELEASE kernel from 2/19). In a few weeks they will all be replaced by new P4 machines and I should have the ability to basically do whatever I want with them. So if this turns into a protracted issue that requires testing, I will be more than happy to test patches for 4.x and 5.x, single and dual processor.

-Will