python2.3 build with kse freezes CURRENT

From: Till Plewe <till_at_plewe.is.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:42:58 +0900
For the last few weeks I have difficulties building python2.3
with threads enabled.

Building using -lthr leaves python's thread related modules
inoperable.

Using -lkse builds ok, but in the python test suite test_signal.py
hangs for ever. It seems that a SIGALRM is not caught. Until sometime
last week the machine froze during this test. Today (CURRENT cvsuped
90 min ago) this test hangs but the machine does not freeze. However
running other test programs seems to freeze the machine after a few
minutes.

I appended dmesg output, but right now I am just curious if there is
anybody who has a working (threads enabled) python2.3 installation
on CURRENT (SMP).

- Till